A continuation of yesterday’s 3D modeling for my remote control!
This took a disgustingly long amount of time, especially considering all I was trying to do was to chop up an STL.
After cutting it in half, I made some connection pieces – there’s a hole in the other base piece, and sent it to the printer…
Where I realized my printer is too small to print the bottom piece, so I had to cut it into 3 pieces instead of 2. I had to remove the connection piece, reconnect the two, and then cut it and add connection pieces again.
Once I finally got everything saved as STL files, we’re off to printing!
I needed something to hold the remote control wand. Pretend the little cactuses don’t look like cactuses. It looks pretty simple, but this actually took a while to make because my 3D modeling skills are close to none. Tomorrow I’m going to attempt to cut it in half and hopefully start to print!
Some calligraphy, and more website coding! Weird that I use Dark Solarized on my Macbook but Light Solarized on my PC… Interesting.
After hours of the code not agreeing, we’re finally getting somewhere! 🙂
I know it doesn’t look like much, but rejigged some of the fonts and style, and also reorganized the projects page once again to show fewer projects upfront.