It’s been really busy lately so I haven’t posted in a while! But here’s some banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I posted them during my time on the People of Canada twitter account which was fun, but here’s the full recipe! The original recipe’s from Once Upon A Chef although I added chocolate chips and changed up the sugar amounts.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 11/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 medium bananas – smashed
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Add egg, mashed banana, vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Add the flour and oats mixture, and don’t over mix.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough onto parchment lined baking trays.
- Bake it for about 15 minutes at 350.
- Let them cook on the baking tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.