Despite not having a job, since coming back, there are even more things to do – applying to jobs, trying new things (helping someone run a video game tournament – post on this later), baking, playing with the cat, cleaning the house, etc. etc. Despite all this craziness, I’ve been trying some new things with Photoshop and InDesign which should be posted sometime.
Until then, here are some mini blueberry and orange scones. 🙂
Mini Blueberry and Orange Scones
- 1¾ cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar + extra for topping
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup table cream
- 1½ cups blueberries
- Zest from 1 medium orange
- Slivered almonds
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and zest.
- Cut butter into dry mixture until coarse.
- Stir in eggs and cream.
- Mix in blueberries.
- Roll out dough, and use a small cookie cutter to cut small circles out – lay them onto parchment-lined baking tray.
- Add almonds and sprinkle sugar onto the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with clotted cream.