For the Christmas dinner that my family hosts, just having the biscottis aren’t enough, so I decided to add a double batch of cocoa sugar cookies. The original recipe is from Smitten Kitchen but I’ve adapted it with less butter and sugar, so here it is! This recipe makes them taste kind of like a cake and brownie-is, enjoy!
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup light butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Whisk dry flour, salt and baking powder in medium bowl.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and cocoa until creamy.
- Gradually add flour mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Wrap in plastic and chill for at least one hour.
- Roll out cookie dough on floured counter.
- Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for around 10 minutes until the edges are firm and the centers are soft and puffy.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Note: Original recipe is from Smitten Kitchen.